(A Glio Digital Innovations project)
When assigned the task of creating an avatar for Gliobot, I decided that it was best to ask my colleagues how they envisioned the little guy (that, and that he might be cylindrical like R2D2 was the only aspects I could envision for him). After all, I only joined the team recently, and they know him better – he does order them around, like assigning coffee-making duties, etc.
Here were the suggestions for his likeness:
- He glitches, because he is not quite right in the head
- He eats a lot, and this causes him to talk endlessly
- He is kitted out with gadgets
- He has big disc-like eyes
- He has finned heatsinks on his head because his brain tends to overheat
- He is a happy chap
- GlioBot. Wise and not-much-knowing king of bot-planet Twitter. Second-cousin to the legendary Iron Giant and closest adviser of the mighty Bumblebee. Eyes as big as saucers, his smile is intoxicating to botgirls universally.
So I set out to Frankenstein our little Gliobot, and this is the result (from doodles to final illustration):